Thursday, February 8, 2007

Task 7-- Explore Wikipedia


Although I didn’t join at the time, I first edited a Wikipedia article in 2005, adding some background to the entry for Raymond G. Hunthausen.

Today I made a few minor changes to the PVLD article, and inserted a link to the Palos Verdes Peninsula Chamber of Commerce.

A Wikipedia entry is fairly easy to create or modify, although it does require some knowledge of HTML formatting. (In fact, there are a couple of extraneous spaces in the PVLD entry I couldn’t get rid of. Maybe one of my more wiki-savvy colleagues can fix those).

I like Wikipedia quite a lot, as it often provides information not easily found elsewhere. Although there is always the possibility of inaccurate or biased entries, the collaborative nature of the endeavor seems to work very well, and in my casual use, I haven’t seen anything outrageous.

Wikipedia username: jogpvld

No comments: